When our partner in Russia contacted us about a range of generators for the mining and mineral extraction market it came as no surprise that they wanted Medium voltage gensets.
So what are the benefits of choosing a Medium Voltage machine?
When large amounts of power are required to be delivered, once you exceed 6300A on Low Voltage Machines it can be become very difficult to achieve due to the amount and size of copper conductors required. Using Medium Voltage Generating sets (voltage range 3.3-13.8kV) give many advantages over LV Generating Sets.
- Use of much less copper in the form of smaller conductors and fewer sets of conductors
- Capability to transmit power over greater distances with fewer power losses Lower voltage drops
- More efficient on-site distribution
Specialised Area of Work:
In Medium Voltage environments, safety is essential. Here at AJ Power we have specialist and experienced staff who are trained and authorised to work with Medium voltage generators. We have Senior Authorised Persons (SAP) engineers that are responsible for the safety of themselves and others in MV areas; the Senior Authorised Person must take steps to ensure MV equipment is safely isolated and safe to work on and is ultimately responsible as a senior figure for overseeing the work of Authorised Persons. AJ Power can design and build and test medium voltage units to your specification.
We can also design and deliver a complete MV System including:
- Full Site Fault Level Study service
- Supply of Step up / Step Down Transformers
- Supply of Neutral Earthing Resistor / Neutral Earthing Contactors
- Supply of MV Switchboards / Packaged Switchboards in Containers
- Supply of Battery Tripping Units (BTU)
If you would like to find about more about our medium voltage projects and products please contact us on email@example.comBack to News